Monday, April 27, 2009

What works for me...

Hi Ppls, I thought I'd post a few points on what helps me lose weight, this may help some of you:
  1. I try to eat every 3 hours. This way I'm not famished when I get to finally eating, and I will not over eat. This also helps keep my metabolism up.
  2. You need fat to fight fat: Ppls, if you notice, there are some pretty fatty ingredients in my meals, like EVOO, PB, Avocado, Cheese. Also, if you notice these are all heart healthy, Omega 3 fatty acids. Fat is also very filling. I ONLY SUGGEST YOU EAT OMEGA 3 AND OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS, stay away from saturated and trans fatty acids!! Also, please note, I stay within my points range when choosing the fats for my meals.
  3. Stay away from the 'white stuff', yes, the white bread, white flour and white pasta. Stick to complex carbs such as 100% Whole Wheat or Whole Grain bread, flour and pasta. The 'white stuff' will just spike your blood sugar and you will crash and feel hungry probably within an hour, while the 100% Whole Wheat and Whole Grains, enter your blood stream more slowly, keep you energized and fuller longer!
  4. Get my activity on. I need to workout. I'm sure I would lose weight, just by my diet alone, but working out makes me lose weight faster and at a steady pace. Also, I have so much energy, seriously, I have lots of energy!
  5. I do not deprive myself. A craving does not go away unless you satisfy it. I really try hard to only have a piece of chocolate, rather than the whole thing!
  6. I stay hydrated. Often, thirst will be mistaken for hunger. I carry my stainless steal water bottle with me everywhere I go, and refill as needed!

I hope some of these tips help you out, however I know everyone is different. What works for you?

1 comment:

  1. I write everything that goes into my mouth. I actually also try to cook my own meals versus relying on others to cook.

    Dimple

    ReplyDelete