Thursday, April 23, 2009

***Early Lunch***

Hey Guys, So I made myself an early lunch because I knew Iwould be out later on today, and could have my snack later on. Lunch today was a Berry Smoothie -yes another smoothie, but they are so quick, easy, healthy, and filling!! Here are the deets: 1 c. skim milk: 2 WW pts. 1 c. of berries (I used strawberries and blackberries): 1 WW pt. 1 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (trust me on this): 1 WW pts. Blend all of this in a blender! This filling smoothy is only 4 WW pts.!!! Guys, I add the EVOO because first of all, one teaspoon is only 1 WW pt. Second of all it is loaded with heart healthy Omega 3 fats. Third of all, the fat from the EVOO paired up with the fiber from the berries is a great way to fill you up! So if you think about it, this one smoothie gives you heart healthy fats from the EVOO, cancer fighting antioxidants from the Berries, and Vit D and Calcium from the milk. Now, how awesome is that!!! What did you have for lunch?

4 comments:

  1. The Guiltless Black Bean Burger from Chili's --only 13 points. I already planned out my dinner so I am okay with using13 points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you planned everything out! That really makes things so much easier..good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually found a great site for everyone for recipes. I'm keeping tabs on how much fiber intake I'm getting so thanks Kanwal :)


    http://www.laaloosh.com/ct/health-and-food/

    ReplyDelete