Sunday, May 31, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Remeber, if you have any questions about anything, whether it's about Weight Watchers or eating right or getting excerise, you can email me at email@example.com . I'll post up your question (don't worry, your name will not be posted :-P), along with the answer during the week!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
- Start your meal off with a broth based soup and a salad. This will help fill you up and ensure you do not consume too many calories
- When at a Chinese Buffet, pick food from the top. The sauce and oils tend to fall down on the bottom of the pile of food. If you pick food from the top of the pile, you will atleast get the least amount of oil and sauce
- WATCH FOR PORTION DISTORTION. People, I cannot say this enough, if you are going to eat all that food, atleast watch for your portion sizes. Remember, you just want to taste the food, not overload and gorge on it!
- Mix your food with steamed veggies or chicken. This way you will get all the flavor for half the calories
- Go for the steamed dumplings vs. the fried dumplings. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of saturated fat
- Try to stay away from anything deep fried, such as egg rolls or fried dumplings
- If there is brown rice, go for this over white rice, again watch for portion distortion
- Go ahead and have your fortune cookie. These satisfying, sweet treats are about 25 calories
I hope this has been helpful, but please remember, these rules can apply for any buffet. Enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Evenly distribute the spagetti sauce on both mushrooms (the gill side)
- Evenly distribute the sliced mozzarella and sausage to both mushrooms
- Add the italian seasoning to both mushrooms
- Place the mushroom pizza in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
- Coat ONE side of the soft taco shell with EVOO
- On the side NOT coated with EVOO, spread the turkey ham on half of the soft taco
- Cut the cheese in fourths, lengthwise, and top the turkey ham with this
- Season with pepper and mustard
- Fold the other half the soft taco over the the ham and cheese
- Heat your skillet on your stove, once hot, place the ham and cheese quesadilla in the skillet
- Take a heavier skillet and place this on top of the quesadilla, to weight the quesadilla down and brown the other side -about a minute
- Remove the heavier skillet, flip the quesadilla and place the heavier skillet on top again, to weigh down and brown the other side -about a minute
- Remove from heat and allow the quesadilla to cool for a couple of minutes
- Cut into 6 triangles and enjoy!!
- Recipe of the day
- New healthy food find -be it snack, meal or whatever
- Question of the day -I do get emails from people regarding questions on a healthy lifestyle
- A post on how your day is going, and if you guys have any questions on anything
- My daily round up -this will just be one post at the end of the day, where I'll let you guys know what I've eaten and how many points Ive consumed
- Also, every Friday I will update you with my weight loss, and would love if you guys would want to join in on the weekly weigh ins
You guys know I LOVE your feedback! If there is ANYTHNG else you guys would like me to post about, please do let me know and I'd be happy to do whatever I can. Also, I will still be responding to your comments, but it may be later on during the day, so please do not think I am ignoring anyone.
Thanks Everyone!!! I just wanted you all to know that I will still be blogging and I love your feedback :-)
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
So, dinner last night was a 4 point Greek Pizza, along with a 3 point whole grain pasta salad, and a one point salad.
This whole entire filling dinner party was 8 WW points!!!
How was your dinner last night?
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
- One pound of lean, ground Turkey
- 1/2 large Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of Garlic, grated
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 1 tsp. of Brown Mustard
- 1 tsp. of EVOO
- 1 tb. each of Pepper, dried Basil, dried Oregano, dried Parsley, Hot Sauce
- 1/2c. of frozen Spinach
- 1 small Zucchini very finely shredded
- 1/2 Beefsteak Tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently fold the mixture until all is evenly incorporated.
- Spray your baking pan, or dish with a non stick spray and gently mold the mixture to form a loaf on the pan or baking dish.
- Place your sliced tomatos on top of the meatloaf
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the meat loaf has fully cooked.
- Leave the meatloaf alone for about 10 minutes, to let the juices settle in, then slice away :-)
Guys, this is a serving for four people! Each serving is 5 WW points!!!
- Light Yogurt: 2 pts.
- Granola bars: 2-3 pts.
- Trail Mix: 3 pts.
- Carrots/Celery and hummus: 2 pts.
- Jello Sugar Free pudding: 1 pt.
- Celery and salsa: 1 pt.
- 1/2 c. of skim ricotta mixed with 1/2c mixed berries: 1 pt.
- 1 serving of soup, like a Progresso Light: 1 pt.
- Serving of Air Popped popcorn: 1 pt.
- Fruit Salad: 1 pt.
- Sargento Reduced Fat Cheese Sticks: 2 pts.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Today's snack was another new yogurt find! Many of you have already had this yogurt before, but this was the first time I've tried this flavor. I'm talking about Dannon Light & Fit in Lemon Chiffon...this along with Dannon's Key Lime Pie is delish!! Also, only 2 WW pts.!!
What did you guys snack on today?