Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Out and About

Ppls, one of the great things about WW is you can still eat out!! Now I write for the wonderful site, 3 Buck Bites Cheap Eats for Food Lovers!, http://3buckbites.com/. How do I plan on days where I eat out? Well, if I know I where I will be eating, I try to find nutritional stats on the restaurants website. If I am eating early during the day, say for lunch time, I try to allocate the rest of my points for the day. For example, a few days ago, I was roaming the streets of Union Square, and found a wonderful Falafel place called Pita Joes. What caught my eye about Pita Joes was their falafel's can be ordered with whole wheat, organic pita. Also, it was $3.95 :-) YAY! So, I knew I would have fresh veggies on an organic pita for only $3.95...and it was falafel!! So, that day for breafast, I had my usual, turkey bacon and egg, a 3 point total. According to WW, a falafel is between 7-10 points, I figured this to be 10, just to be safe. So, I knew that it was 2pm, and by this time I would have had 13 WW, out of my 20. I still ate my falafel, but I knew I only had 7 points for the rest of the day. What did I do? For a snack later on, I had celery sticks and a reduced fat cheddar stick - 2 WW pts. and for dinner, I made myself a 5 pt. filling chicken stir fry!
So, I was able to eat out, and still stay within my points range.
Seriously, I knew I couldn't give this up :-P
PS: Check out http://3buckbites.com/, cheap, great food...you can't get any better than that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment