· 2 15.5oz. can of pinto beans, partially drained
· 1TB. of EVOO
· 1/2 onion, diced
· 2TB. of cumin seeds
· 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
· 1TB. of freshly grated ginger
· 1 tomato, diced
· 2tsp. of chopped chipotle peppers
One bag of baby spinach
· 1/4c. freshly chopped cilantro
· Juice of half a lemon
· Salt/pepper to taste
In a saucepan, add the oil and place the pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, cumin and salt. Saute until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and ginger, saute for another minute.
Add the tomato and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the chipotle peppers and stir. Add the spinach, beans and lemon juice
Add the cilantro and season with salt/pepper to taste. Allow this to simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.