Monday, April 20, 2009

....And It's Lunch Time

Hey Ppl,
So, it's lunch time and I made Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomatos, Onions and Arugala/Cilantro/Jalapeno sauce. I really like making my own sauces/pestos because they are so easy to make, store well, and I can control the points value by the ingredients and how much of them I use.
Here are the ingredients I used for todays sauce:
1/4 bunch of Cilantro
1 cup of Arugala
3 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoons of red or white vinegar
Salt for seasoning
1 Whole Jalapeno (you can adjust this depending on your heat level)
1/4 of a large Tomato
I then broke all of this down in the blender, and this came out to be about of cup of sauce, which you can portion out to three servings, for a points value of ONE :-)
So, my sauce was 1 point, and my pasta was 3. I also sliced some tomatos and red onions, to bump up the volume of this dish. Sliced mushroom are also great, and all have a 0 points value.
Total: 4 WW pts.!!!
What did you guys have for lunch?
Tip: If you are not going to use all of the sauce by the end of the week, you can freeze indivdual portions in an ice cube tray, and when you need it next, just take out the appropriate portion you need :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment