Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Helpful Hint for Pasta Portion Sizes

Hi Guys, I thought I'd share a helpful hint on how I portion out my pasta. This tip can be used for any type of pasta, except for long pastas such as Spaghetti and Angel Hair. This tip is great for pastas like Penne, Spirals, Shells..etc. So, on the side of the box, under Nutrition Facts, you should see 'Servings Per Container'. In my case, my Penne has 7 servings, which are 2 oz. Since I have a hard time of knowing what 2 oz. of pasta looks like -seriously, can you really tell? Here's my tip: I take my muffin tin, which makes 12 muffins. I then start to fill up 7 of the muffin tins with pasta. Once they are EVENLY filled, I know I have my portion sizes. I then individually wrap these servings in a small ziploc bag, and put the bags back in the pasta box. And there you have it, when you want pasta, you have a perfect portion to take out of your box. This way it's quick and you know you're not over eating!! Hope this helps!!

1 comment: