Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And Another Question...

Hey Guys, So in case you haven't figured it out, I love to experiment with food. Make new dishes, revamp old favorites to make them more healthier or even try out something completely different ie: my Avocado Smoothie :-) Lately, I've been experimenting a lot with pasta and making sauces. I wanted to know if there were any recipes you guys were looking for anything else, such as Chicken, Tofu, Veal....anything at all. If so, let me know. I may already have recipes that I can post up for you, if not...I'll get experimenting!

5 comments:

  1. do you have a recepie for a low-point pesto sauce? I would really appreciate it. Thanks Kanwal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    I've posted a 2 point pesto recipe from WW. Also, I am experimenting on my own for a low point pesto sauce. I'll post it up as soon as I can come up with a palatable sauce :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude - Can't believe I've never told you this tip from my aunt. I don't know how many WW points tofu is worth but she would always add a handful to smoothies and even homemade buttermilk.

    Also - the Indian style version of buttermilk is skim/low/nonfat yogurt and salt. Other flavor additives include a bit of cumin, a few leaves of cilantro, maybe a small piece of jalapeno to give it a real kick. It's about 2/3 water, 1/3 yogurt, really thinned out - and is GREAT for cooling you down on a hot summer day. Tofu added gives it that extra kick with the protein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - InNYC is me - Archie. Not sure why it used that name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archie,

    Your comment about tofu is absolutely correct! I just may come up with a chocolate pie recipe using tofu!

    Also, your buttermilk recipe seems really cooling on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete