Tuesday, April 14, 2009

***B-Time***

Good Morning Ppls, I hope you all had a great evening and are now ready to start your day off! This morning for breakfast I had one egg and a glass of skim milk.

  • One Egg: 2 WW pts.
  • One 8oz. glass of Skim Milk: 2 WW pts.

Total: 4 WW pts.!!

Guys, I eat the whole egg because all the nutrients are in the yolk. Now, I know what you're thinking...my cholesterol must be really high, or this certainly cannot be good to have an egg a day!

First off, the yolk contains over 20 vitamins and minerals. the yolk contains 100% of the carotenoids, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, and K (6 items). The white does not contain 100% of any nutrient. The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). **This info taken from nutritiondata.com.

As far as the cholesterol issue:

One large egg has about 213 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol — all of which is found in the yolk. If you are healthy, it's recommended that you limit your dietary cholesterol intake to less than 300 mg a day. If you have cardiovascular disease, diabetes or high LDL (or "bad") cholesterol, you should limit your dietary cholesterol intake to less than 200 mg a day. ***This info taken from mayoclinic.com.

With this said, I buy medim eggs, which has 190mg of cholesterol. Thankfully, I do not have any cholesterol issues. If you do have cholesterol issues, I would advise on not having eggs more than three times a week. Also, remember, these are stats for ONE egg ppl!

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

What did you have for breakfast?

7 comments:

  1. http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/02/regular-eggs-are-no-harm-to-health-cholesterol-diet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    Thanks for the link :-) Hmm...now if I can only find something like this for cheese :-P

    PS: i love seriouseats.com as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! How do you calculate how many ww points you get to have in day? I weight 135 pounds. I want to lose 15 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous,

    The daily points are calculated by a formula from WW. I'm in the same boat as you, and I get 21 points/day. Honestly, though, I do not know the formula for the daily points of WW.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the formular for the daily WW points calculator:

    New weight watchers points formula

    Thought this was helpful - new way to calculate your points for weight watachers.

    Weight Watchers Updated: Your personal daily points target- use this formula

    1. Are you
    female?- score 2
    Male?- score 8
    A nursing mom?- score 12

    2. How old are you?
    17-26- score 4
    27-37- score 3
    38-47- score 2
    48-58- score 1
    over 58- score 0

    3.What do you weigh?
    Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds.
    (for example, if you weight 199, you will add 19 to your score)

    4. How tall are you?
    Under 5’1- score 0
    5’1-5’10- score 1
    Over 5’10- score 2

    5. How do you spend most of your day?
    Sitting down? score 0
    Occasionally sitting? score 2
    Walking most of the time? score 4
    Doing physically hard work most of the time? score 6

    Now add them all together and that’s your daily total. It might be higher for some. My WW coordinator said if this is the case, take the difference between your new and old and divide it in half and then add that much to your previous total.

    Source:http://www.peertrainer.com/LoungeCommunityThread.aspx?ForumID=1&ThreadID=47011

    I checked this formula againts the book taht I have from my weekly meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had 3 large egg white omelet with light rye toasted (slices)without the spread.

    eggs: 1 WW point
    bread: 2 WW pt.

    Total for 3 WW pt for breakfast.

    Is my assumption for the eggs correct Kanwal?

    Dimple

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dimple,

    Thanks so much for the formula!

    Also, yes, you are correct, 3 large egg whites = 1 ww pt. :-)

    ReplyDelete