Monday, April 6, 2009

Question of the day...

Hey Kanwal- How’s it going? I hope you’re doing well. Lately, I’ve been thinking about re-joining WW again and I just wanted to know your thoughts about doing it online. What are the advantages/disadvantages of online vs. in-person? Are there any differences? Does it cost the same? I did do WW a couple of years ago in-person but didn’t stick to it. I really need to do something bc my weight is going out of control. But I’m afraid I won’t stay focused. Do you usually bring lunch from home? Any other tips you can share? Anyway I would appreciate any help. Thanks so much. Kind Regards, Anonymous ANSWER: So here is my take on WW. I do the online version. I just needed something to help me keep track of what I was eating and how much of it. I didn't want to go to any meetings, but you still can even if you join the online version. The online version has a point tracking system where you can log in all of your points ( foods are listed in a database). They also have restaurants listed there, so if you are going out, you can see if the restaurant is listed and see the dishes and their points value. WW has helped me eat much healthier as fruits and veggies are lower in points. Its also helped me realize portion sizes of what I eat. I wasn't over eating anymore. Also, because you have to track your points, your more honest to yourself and more conscience to what you put in your mouth. You will seriously ask yourself, is this worth the X amount of points. Another good thing about WW is you get an extra 35points a week to 'indulge' so you really aren't depriving yourself too much, but again watch the portion size. When I joined WW it was $15/month. It may be a little more now, but I think it's worth it. I do bring lunch on some days for work, but I also eat out. I try to find nutritionals on the restaurant site or I go to calorieking.com. I hope this has been helpful. Let me know if you have any morequestions. I'm here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment