Monday, April 6, 2009

Dinner Tonight

Tonight for dinner I came up with my own recipe for stuffed whiting fish. I bought 2 4oz. fillets of whiting. I salted and peppered both sides of each fillet. I placed the fillets, skin side down, on my cutting board and placed whole, fresh cilantro, freshly grated ginger, and freshly grated garlic, lengthwise, on the fish. See picture :-)

I then added the first fillet on top of the second fillet. See picture :-)

I rubbed one teaspoon of canola oil on the skin of fillets, and then I pan seared this, on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Once fish was fully cooked, I cut this in half and saved half a portion for tomorrow.

I then plated my fish with a side of steamed string beans with lemon zest...YUM!! (see picture :-) )

4 oz. of cooked whiting fish is 3 WW points. We also used a teaspoon of oil, which is 1 WW pts. Steamed string beans w/ lemon zest have 0 WW pts.

My total points for dinner: 4 WW pts. NOT BAD!! Now, there is room for dessert, and lunch for tomorrow is made!

What did you guys have for dinner?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kanwal-

    I've never tried whiting fish, is it fishy? I love tilapia. I buy a packet from costco since they are individually vacuum packed. You should definately try it! Very flakey and tasty. :)

    -Mohini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mohini,

    It was not fishy. But it did have some bones...that was a bummer. It still tasted good though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, do you usually go on aim during the day?
    -Mohini

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent used AIM since college :-P I don't even remember my password! I am on Google Chat though, I sent you an invite to chat.

    ReplyDelete