Wednesday, April 15, 2009

***Lunch Time***

Hi Ppls,
For lunch today I had Japanese :-) I had six small California rolls and six small Cucumber Avocado rolls. Points value of 4 each. So my whole lunch was 8 WW pts.
So, here's my tip on eating sushi. First off, I always ask if they have brown rice, just to get more bang for your nutritional buck. If not, I always ask them to make the sushi with as little rice as possible. Also, try to opt for low sodium soy sauce..a lot of that stuff and you'll just be retaining water :-p Another great tip when eating Japanese, start off with Miso soup. This is very filling and only has 2 WW pts. Also, try to stay away from fatty, mayo based rolls such as Spicy Tuna. Lastly, avoid the fried stuff such as Tempura rolls.
I hope these tips were helpful.
How was your lunch?

7 comments:

  1. mmmmmm.. sushi!!! I ate some couscous and chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh...couscous and chicken sounds good also :-) wait till you see my recipe for dinner tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kanwal,

    Quick question: I am going out to sushi buffet for lunch with some friends.

    I was wondering how many points would you give sweet potato sushi, cucumber sushi, and avocado sushi.

    Dimple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dimple,

    WW states that 4 MEDIUM cucumber rolls are 2 points...not bad!

    3 avocado rolls have 3 WW pts.
    I would stay away from teh sweet potato roll though, I believe that is fried. Maybe you can substiute with Miso soup? Better yet, maybe have a couple of extra cucumber rolls instead?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kanwal. Where did you find the information for the avocado roll?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dimple,

    I typed Avocado Roll in the WW point tracker. It comes up then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Well don't forget, in WW, you get an extra 35 points to use through out the week. Also, are you getting extra points by doing activity as well?

    What Indian meals are you having? Are you cooking them yourself, if so, I can help you create lower point versions if you tell me what you are cooking.

    Also, don't worry, just continue to eat healthy for hte rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete