Monday, May 11, 2009

***New Find: Smart Balance Fat-Free Milk***

You guys have probably noticed that I use a lot of skim milk. I primarily drink it for the calcium and vitamin D, but for a 2 pointer its really great to add into smoothies! So, I was in the grocery store this weekend and noticed a new brand of milk by Smart Balance. The milk is Fat-Free milk is fortified with omega 3 and vitamin E. The milk also has 30% more calcium and 30% more protein. Now, in my b-time post, I stated this was 'skim' milk because this 'skim' milk does have 1.5 grams of fat and this fat is added from the omega 3's. The points value for this milk is 3 WW pts. Now, regular skim milk is 2 WW pts. So, for an extra point, you get heart healthy omega 3 fats, 170% of Vitamin E, 25% of Vitamin D and 40% of Calcium. For just an extra point, I really think this is worth it for the nutritional values. Another plus about this milk, it really does taste rich and creamy and I think this can definitely be substituted for whole milk in recipes!!!
So, that's the 411 on this new 'skim' milk :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kanwal. I been wanting to try this one out. Did you find at the Shoprite downtown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dimple,

    Yes, I bought this from the ShopRite downtown.

    ReplyDelete