Wednesday, May 27, 2009

French Fries Just Got Better!!

Raise your hand if you like fries...ok, you don't have to raise your hand! Seriously though, I don't know of a single person out there who can't resist Mickey D's or BK's fries. Even if you go home, slice up a potato, fry it and salt it, your seriously not going to have just one. Not to mention, frying your fries in oil really isn't that great for you or your waist. Therefore, I have decided to give you guys some of my ideas for 'fries'. I do not have pics of these, but I can tell you I have made every version of these 'fries' and they are delicious and definitely nip that craving in the spud (haha)! I may one of these versions this weekend and I'll post up pics for you then. In the meantime...drum roll please.... Turnip 'Fries' (I know, but trust me) 2 Turnips, peeled and julienned Salt and any other type of seasoning you would like your fries to have Coat the julienned fries in the seasoning and BAKE at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, or until 'fries' have turned brown and crispy. Makes 2 servings...0 WW pts.!!!! Sweet Potato 'Fries' ( a great way to get fiber and beta carotene in) 2 Sweet potatos, julienned (leave the peel on for more fiber) Salt and any other type of seasoning you would like your fries to have Coat the julienned fries in the seasoning and BAKE at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, or until 'fries' have turned crispy. Makes 2 servings...2 WW pts.!!!! Zucchini Fries (these taste awesome, but will not be as crunchy, but are still great with ketchup) 2 Zucchinis, sliced 1/2 inch thick(leave the peel on for more fiber) Salt and any other type of seasoning you would like your fries to have Coat the fries in the seasoning and BAKE at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, or until 'fries' have turned crispy. Makes 1 serving...0 WW pts.!!!! Butternut Squash Fries (these taste awesome, but will not be as crunchy, but are still great with ketchup) 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick(leave the peel on for more fiber) Salt and any other type of seasoning you would like your fries to have Coat the fries in the seasoning and BAKE at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, or until 'fries' have turned crispy. Makes 3 serving...1 WW pt.!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kanwal....Thank you so much for the recipes on fries. I do love fries and this past weekend I accidentally splurged on board walk fries and feel very ashamed. But that is the past right ?? I am definetly make these at home cause I need to vary up my lunches and dinners.

    Dimple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dimple! I'm trying to come up with more snack alternatives for everyone!

    ReplyDelete