Sunday, May 31, 2009

Who's Side Are You On...

If you are like me you have no problems creating your meals. However, it's the side options that give me issues! Sure, I can make my turkey ham and cheese sammie for lunch, but is that it? Is that the only thing that I am going to have to fill me up? My biggest dilemma is coming up with healthy, low point snacks. However, through time, I've been able to come up with some pretty low point, healthy sides, and I decided to share them with you: Side Option # 1: My 'Fries' - my favorite, zucchini fries: 2 Zucchinis, sliced 1/2 inch thick(leave the peel on for more fiber) Salt and any other type of seasoning you would like your fries to have Coat the fries in the seasoning and BAKE at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, or until 'fries' have turned crispy. Points value: 1 Side Option # 2: Cauliflower Mashed Potatos: 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets 1/4 c. skim milk Salt & pepper to taste 2 gloves of garlic, grated Steam the cauliflower until tender Mash or blend the cauliflower with the milk, garlic, salt/pepper Makes 4 servings. Points Value: 1 Side Option # 3: Baked Tortilla Chips Take any one point tortilla, and cut into bite sized triangles. Coat in 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake in the oven for 400 degrees, for 15 minutes, or until 'chip' are browned and crispy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. This is a great crunchy side! Points Value: 2 Do you guys have any healthy side options?

No comments:

Post a Comment