Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh How I've Missed This...

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!! I don't know where to begin!!! First off, I've missed sharing my thoughts with everyone for so long! I've also missed reading your comments and suggestions! Well, last week was my first full work week, and I'm telling you, I was sooo not used to be working again. Yes, gone are the days where I was waking up at 10:30am. Last week was a big adjustment week for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my new job and could not have asked for a better place to work with such great people!!! OK- so let's get to the nitty gritty, as I said, I really missed posting on a regular basis. I also felt really guilty because I feel like I have developed relationships with my readers, and I do not want to let you guys down either! I have successfully been able to keep my weight in track in the past while working. However last week in particular was a bit difficult because I was getting used to my new job. Now that I'm working in midtown, my commute is also a bit more longer than it use to be, and my hours are also a bit more. All in all, I know I can accomplish this successfully. So, what was the biggest challenge that I faced? Working out! Yes, I've told you all in the past that I am the type of person where I cannot just eat right to feel right, I also need to workout. Last week after work I checked out a Bally's, Midtown City Gym, Curves and the NYSC. I am specifically looking for something close to work, so I can go before, after or during lunch. Bally's was the closest, literally right across the street. However, they seemed really really dirty inside, and they charge a $2 towel fee -seriously!!. Midtown city was next, they were OK, but the machines are too outdated. Curves...umm.really not my style right now. Finally, the NYSC. Now, I use to be a member of the NYSC, and I think they are great. Clean environment, televisions at every station ( I really need this), and they have a thousand locations! Finally my gym of choice...the NYSC!!! Now, my next biggest challenge was WHEN was I going to workout. During lunch I cannot get my full workout in, and in the evening I am way too tired to get on a treadmill. So, I've now solved this issue by working out before work. Sure, I need to wake up earlier, but it is soooo worth it!!! This is why I say, you always need to make the time to work out guys! Trust me, you'll feel great! So, now that I have gotten use to my work routine, figured out my workout schedule, I'd say I'm pretty much good to go!! I really have missed posting and I want to know what you guys have been up to! PS: I have free passes to NYSC if anyone works in midtown and wants to get a workout in with me!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kanwal! Who are you working for? I'm so glad you like it! Everybody there better be nice to you or look out... I will have to come to NY and get after them! Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete