Thursday, May 7, 2009

***Recipe Alert: Thin Crust Pizza- My Way***

Hey Guys,
I abosolutely love pizza! In fact, it's my Friday night staple, I just need to have my pizza. One slice of plain pizza can be 4 or more points, depending on where you are getting it from. Also, I don't know about you, but one slice never fills me up, and I always crave more! So, what did I do about this? I created my own version of Thin Crust Pizza. What's even better, not just one slice, but the entire portion is only 4 WW points!! Now this pizza is made with mozzarella cheese, I'll have a mediterranean pizza, made with feta cheese coming up for you later on tonight, and that is less than 4 points!!!
Here are the deets for the mozzarella version:
Ingredients:
One Whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap ( I used the one from my New Find post)
1 oz. of Mozzarella cheese, sliced (I used mini mozzarella balls, one ounce is 3 balls)
1/8th c. of Pasta sauce
1/8th c. of Red Onions, sliced
1/8th c. of Red Peppers, sliced
1/8th c. of sliced Mushrooms
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
Lay your tortilla on a flat surface, and even distribute the pasta sauce on the tortilla
Evenly distribute the mozzarella on top of the sauce
Evenly distribute the onions, red peppers and mushrooms
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is oh so nice and bubbly :-)
Allow the pizza to slightly cool, about 5 minutes, before slicing.
Guys, this whole pizza is 4 WW pts. and probably the equivalent of 3 slices of thin crust, which can be over 12 WW pts!!!
Tell me this does not look delicious :-p
I hope you guys make this recipe and enjoy as much as I do!
PS: Add as many veggies as you want, they are 0 points :-)
PSS: Stay tuned for a Greek version tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment