Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe Alert: Mexican Bowl

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend!  Luckily, I was able to eat healthy consistently and did not have any set backs.  I weighed myself this morning and lost .4 pounds since last week!  Yay!!  So far, no weight has been gained back.

So, I wanted to share my recipe for a Mexican Bowl.  I made this for dinner last week and brought in for lunch the next day.  This bowl was pretty filling and contained all the pieces of the Cinch! puzzle that I needed.  Enjoy my recipe below for my Mexican Bowl!

Ingredients:
1/2c of cooked brown rice
1/4 of an avocado
1TB of lime juice
1 green chili, very finely diced
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2c of white vinegar
1/2c of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 yellow or  red pepper, diced
2tsp. of chili powder
2tsp. of cumin powder

Preparation:
Place the tomatoes and onions in a bowl and pour the vinegar on top, set aside. Mash the avocado with the lime juice and chili, set aside.  Mix the black beans with the chili and cumin powders.  In a deep bowl evenly distribute the yellow or red pepper as the first layer.  Place the black beans as the second layer.  The tomato and onions go in as the third layer, followed by the brown rice.  Top with dollop of avocado.

Enjoy!!

Servings: One

Here's how the meal shapes up:

Whole Grain: brown rice
Lean Protein: black beans
Plant Fat: avocado
Produce: tomatoes, onions, peppers
Sass: cumin, turmeric, chili powder

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious I'll be trying it. Thank You keep the good fight going.
    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/03/anatomy-of-pitch-and-why-pitchers-get.html

    ReplyDelete