Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kraft Olive Oil Mayo

The other day I was walking down the grocery store aisle looking for my regular reduced fat mayo when I noticed Kraft's Mayo with Olive Oil.  I decided to try this out when I compared the ingredients with Kraft light mayo. 


Kraft Olive Oil mayo has the following ingredients:  Water, Olive Oil, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Eggs, Contains less than 2% of Salt, Mustard Flour, Dried Onions, Dried Garlic, Natural Flavor, Enzyme Modified Egg Yolk, Beta Carotene* (Color), Lactic Acid*, Potassium Sorbate* and Calcium Disodium Edta As Preservatives, Phosphoric Acid*


Kraft Light Mayo has the following indredients: 
Water, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Eggs, contains Less Than 2% of Salt, Enzyme Modified Egg Yolk, Mustard Flour, Lactic Acid (Ingredient Not Normally Found in Mayonnaise)Potassium Sorbate (Ingredient Not Normally Found in Mayonnaise)Calcium Disodium EDTA as Preservatives, Phosphoric Acid (Ingredient Not Normally Found in Mayonnaise)Dried Onions, Dried Garlic, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene


Seeing the ingredient lists not too different from each other, I decided to buy the olive oil mayo and give it a shot.


Nutritionally, the stats are slightly different.  Light mayo ranks in at 50 calories per TB and olive oil mayo ranks in at 45 per TB.


So, what's the verdict?  One TB of this stuff is very creamy and you do taste a slight taste difference from regular light mayo.  This could be due to the addition of olive oil.  I do like this a lot.  Yesterday I made an awesome Tuna Salad for lunch.  Today, I made a whole wheat macaroni salad (pics and recipe to come later).

I suggest if you use mayo, go ahead and try this out!

Question of the day:  Does chewing gum make you more hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment