Friday, March 25, 2011

New Find: Trader Joe's Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix

You may have noticed that a lot of my recipes this week called for "chopped veggies". Last week when I went to Trader Joe's I noticed for $2.99 they sell a fairly decent size container of chopped veggies. The container has 8 different vegetables (broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish and celery), all chopped up for you! This is extremely convenient for salads, pastas or stir fries and saves you a bunch of time.
I used these babies in my Whole Wheat Pasta and Veggies and my Macaroni and Tuna Salad.
The only downfall to this product? There is a lot of moisture in the package and if you don't use the package within a few days, you'll notice some sliminess on the bottom. Gross, but true. Overall, I think this is a great convenience and nicely priced for something that will easily give you your vegetables!
I give this product a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment