Monday, March 14, 2011

Breakfast...lately....

Good Morning All,

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend!  I wanted to share what I've been having for breakfast lately.  Yes...I have moved on from oatmeal bowls to cereal bowls.  I pick a whole grain, high fiber cereal and carefully portion out a serving size.  These days I'm liking Kashi's Honey Sunshine cereal.  I then top my cereal off with some raisins and almonds -14 almonds to be exact.  Lately, I've been on a coconut milk kick.  Silk makes an amazing coconut milk.  I've only found the sweetened version, which contains 6g of sugar per 8 ounces. I use half a cup. so that's not bad.  I also sprinkle in a ton of my favorite cinnamon - Simply Organic Cinnamon.  This bowl of cereal will seriously keep me satisfied until lunch time!

Here's how this breakfast shapes up:
Whole grain:  cereal
Lean protein: coconut milk
Plant fat:  almonds
Produce:  raisins
Sass:  cinnamon

Also, weighed myself this morning, and I'm down .6 pounds from last week!  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment