Monday, April 25, 2011

Tryin to keep it healthy!

Hey Everyone,
So this weekend I managed to indulge A LOT!! I went to a friends baby shower and had a ton of great food and sweet treats. To compensate for all the sweet and delicious food I had, I'm making a conscience effort to not snack a lot and lay off the junk food. My day got off to a good start with an INSANITY workout. I also had a strawberry smoothie with some vanilla protein powder.
Between breakfast and lunch, I did have a Larabar as a snack. Finally lunch time came around and I had two shrimp tacos, with corn tortillas. I prepped the tacos last night. I bought 1/4 pound of medium sized cooked shrimp. I sliced up some green pepper and onions and allowed this to char in my cast iron skillet. I made a simple guacamole with some avocado, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno. I also used shredded cabbage. I like the crunch of the cabbage, compared to lettuce.
I toasted up two corn tortillas on an open stove. I then added a bit of guac, cabbage, peppers, onions and shrimp. And there you have it...two delicious shrimp tacos!
What did you have for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment