Tuesday, April 26, 2011

INSANITY: Day 2

Morning Morning,

My day started off bright and early and I completed day 2 of my INSANITY 60 day challenge.  58 more days to go :-)  This morning's workout was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, an intense 41 minute workout of plyos.  OK, maybe because this is my second time around doing this but I feel this program is all mind over matter.  I've done intense workouts in the past and although this is definitely more fierce, with the right mind set it's not too bad.  Yes, this is a 41 minute workout.  The "warm up" alone is 10 minutes and then you have 25 minutes of circuit training.  Not really bad!  It's also great that you go at your own pace. I do feel I am much slower than the people in the DVD, but Sean T says form is really important.  Even though I am a bit slower, I know I'm getting in good form and making the most of what I do.  The downfall, you are definitely swimming in a pool of your own sweat!  I guess that's good, but  make sure you have a towel with you when working out.  Also, plenty of water!  I downed a whole quart in just 41 minutes.  Trust me, you'll need it.

I'm also really happy that I'm doing the workouts in the morning and getting them out of the way. I can actually use my lunch to eat lunch now :-)  My evening are also less intense now.  I feel if I were to wait for the evening, I would just have too many excuses and not work out.  This way, I know I'm done for the day and finishing the workouts in themselves is a great accomplishment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment