Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Morning: A weighty issue...

Good Morning All,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I had a fun filled, exciting weekends! I had an awesome evening down the shore and had a great time with great friends!

This morning I woke up and weighed myself and saw the scale read 137.8...YOWZA!!! So, I went away for a few days towards the end of June. For five days I really did not watch my diet, but I did manage to get a work out or two in. For five days I pretty much ate as much as I wanted and whatever I wanted. Those five days were enough to throw me off track once I got back. Yup, I never really returned to a regular workout program and I never returned to eating a healthy diet most days of the week. So, I completely understand why the scale reads six more pounds than usual. As my clothes are getting snug and my energy levels have slightly gone down, I feel it's best to get right back on track and start eating and exercising like I use to! I still have a month and a half of summer left and I plan on enjoying it to the fullest!

At the end of the day what really works for me is eating right and exercising. As far as eating right goes, following the Cinch! principles is what has really worked for me. Yes, each meal must consist of: lean protein, produce,plant fat and whole grain.

As far as exercising goes, I'm still in love with INSANITY. In fact, I last left off on the last week of month two. I'm now going to go ahead and start INSANITY all over again. That mean it's a Fit Test workout today! I just love the intensity of INSANITY. I love leaving a workout dripping in sweat and knowing I've accomplished something I thought I could never do. As grueling as INSANITY is, time flies by each workout.

I'm happy that I'm realizing now that I must get back on track. The old me would have been so discouraged that I would have continued on with my bad habits and let things spiral out of control. Now, I'm more realistic about things. Why did I gain weight: I continued to eat junk and not exercise. This was all my doing, but it's OK since I know what I need to do to get back on track.

Alright, so I will be documenting my exercise and eating habits. If any of you out there need to get back on track, hopefully you can join me or look to this as inspiration. At the end of the day it comes down to two things: eating right and exercising. You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment