Sushi is always a great option to have for lunch or dinner. When ordered the right way, can also be very nutritious and healthy. Here is a brief guide to ordering sushi the healthy way!
- Ask to swap out the white rice for brown or go light on the rice
- Avoid any rolls that have mayo in them
- Avoid anything that says tempura, as this is fried
- If you are ordering more than one roll, make one veggie and one protein based
- Watch the soy sauce -high levels of sodium will bloat you up
- Start your meal off with a light option such as miso soup, salad or edamame
- Don't order rolls that have names of things your scared of, such as "dynamite" or "spider"
So, now you should be prepared to go out and order a healthy meal!