Tuesday, June 7, 2011

INSANITY....MONTH 2 BEINGS!!!!

Last night I did my first workout in month two of INSANITY.  Let me tell you...this aint no joke!  This workout kicked my butt!!  Last night's workout was Max Interval Circuit which consisted of 60 minutes of interval training done at maximum speed.

Here's what I got myself into:
Warm up 3X:

  • Jog
  • Jumping Jacks – Arms Up
  • 123 Heisman
  • Jump Rope S-S
  • High Knees – Arms Out
  • Switch Kicks
  • Hit the Floor
  • S-S Floor Hops
Circuit 1 3X:
  • Pedal/Power Lunges (Sprint in place, followed by deep lunges).
  • Ski Abs /Jacks/In & Out/Oblique ( Start in plank position, jump side to side for ski abs, then push ups, jump in and out in plank position, and finally alternating your knees to your elbows for obliques. 4 reps each position).
  • Power Strike (Lunge on the left side, 2 punches downward, lunge right side, 2 punches downward, etc).
  • Frog Jumps
Circuit 2 3X:
  • Hook Jumps. (4 hook punches high, 4 hook punches low, 4 high jumps.  Then you switch sides).
  • High Knees with Twist. (As you run with High Knees, you bring your elbows down on each side).
  • High-Low Jab with Squat.  (Jumping high and punching to the side, punch low as you lan in a squat).
  • Floor Switch Kicks. (You just have to see this one)
Circuit 3 3X:
  • Side Suicide Jumps. (From standing position, place your hands on the floor, jump to the left side.  Stand up, repeat on the right).
  • Squat Hooks. (Squat and hook punch, alternating hands).
  • Full Body Drill. (From standing position, drop to the plank position, run in place 8 times, walking push ups, then 8 wide knee, running in place).
  • Plank Punches.  (In a plank position, alternating hands, punch straight out).
Then a cool down.

By the time I was done with this workout I was tired and very muscle fatigued.  I had just enough energy to make myself a protein shake, shower and hit the bed!  What the H?!?!?

Today's workout is Max Interval Plyo.  Plyo's scare me, but I'm still excited about this :-)  In this point of the game it's  a lot to do with mental energy than physical energy.

**Rundown of workout is from http://www.extremely-fit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment