Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans

Hello Peoples!

I hope you all had a fun filled Saturday and are now relaxing on the last day of the weekend. My Saturday was packed with lots of healthy eats and fun!  Let's get this party started!

My morning began with a delicious waffle made of just oatmeal, water and banana. I topped this baby with some almond butter and sliced banana:
Yum!  
Official recipe coming soon!

After lazing around and then doing some cleaning I was hungry for lunch. Lunch was a quick bean taco. I heated up two corn tortillas over an open flame on the stove. I then topped each tortilla with beans, salsa and a little bit of guacamole. Roasted broccoli was had on the side:

Afterwards, I had some pineapple.  Of course I forgot to take a picture of that. 

In the afternoon I went to a friends place and enjoyed a snack of cheese, crackers and pound cake. My favorite combo was topping a cracker with a little bit of Brie and raspberry jam. 

Check out the spread:

 I feel like this jam was the star of the show. Straight from Paris!

After snacking a few more of our friends arrived and we all headed out into the city for dinner and jazz. 

Dinner was Italian at Via Della Pace, second avenue.  I felt my meal was just ok. I found my pasta and eggplant to be quite salty. I skipped on dessert and had a nice, hot cup of americano instead. 

After dinner it was off to listen to some jazz music. We went to Smalls Jazz Club and it was very nice! This was my first time at a jazz club and I loved it. The music was great, there was some singing and it was a very nice crowd. I would definitely go there again and even check out other jazz clubs to visit. 

And that, my friends, concluded my Saturday!

I hope you all had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment