Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Save Money and Get Your Veggies In....

We all know how important it is to get your veggies in. Veggies fill us up, provide us with vitamins and minerals and pack an awesome fiber punch. I love veggie sides for lunch and dinner and even to snack on during the day. This morning I realized I had no fresh veggies to bring to work and snack on. I went to the grocery store across from work to pick up some veggies. Like everything else in NY, even fresh veggies are expensive. To buy veggies to have for the next three days at work would have cost me over $30, seriously, for just veggies! Then I thought, why not just a buy a couple of bags of frozen veggies and keep them in the freezer at work!?!? Frozen fruits and veggies are great because they are picked and packed at their peak nutrition and freshness so why not give them a chance! I bought a FIVE serving bag for $2.00! When you are ready to eat, just nuke them up for a bit and your good to. Seriously, save money on your veggies and buy a bag of frozen veggies.

1 comment:

  1. It is so interesting that packaged food is cheaper than fresh food. Atleast in India, we are still lucky enough to get fresh fruits and vegetables for cheap.
    I have recently stopped drinking soda and simply order a glass of fresh juice from the corner shop when I want something sweet.
    But we also seem to be heading the American way- Taco Bell is planning on opening EIGHTEEN outlets in Bangalore alone!

    ReplyDelete