Thursday, November 18, 2010

Recipe Alert: Cauliflower Mash...

You say potato, I say....cauliflower! I was thinking of a way to make a healthier version of mashed potatoes, without really using potatoes. So, I came up with the next best vegetable...cauliflower. Oh yes, with a little tweaking I was able to make a creamy substitute for the most loved mashed potatoes, without all the carbs! Here's my recipe for some awesome, low fat, low cal cauliflower mash! Ingredients: One bag of frozen cauliflower florets 1/2c of light sour cream 1/4c of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese 1tsp. of salt 1TB. of freshly cracked black pepper Small handful of chives, chopped Preparation: Place the frozen cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for ten minutes. Once the cauliflower is steamed, add the salt, pepper, sour cream and cheese and mash with masher or blend with a hand blender (this is what I did). Once the cauliflower is mashed, fold in the chives. That's it, your done! Enjoy this wonderful side as an alternative to mashed potatoes. Servings: 4 Calories: 96

No comments:

Post a Comment