Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just 10 Challenge: COMPLETED!!!!!

I'm happy to report that I have successfully completed Dr. Oz's Just 10 Challenge! Yes, it's taken me a month and a half to lose ten pounds! I think this is actually a very realistic time frame to lose ten pounds. So, how did I do this?

  • No snacking in between meals
  • Cardio, at least 30 minutes 5 days a week
  • Workout with weights at least 3 days a week
  • Stay away from processed sugars as much as I can
  • Watch my portions
  • Incorporated more fruits and vegetables in my diet
  • Drank a lot of water through out the day

My typical meal plan for a day:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal made with skim milk, coffee Lunch: Two slices of Ezekiel bread, tuna mixed in with one tablespoon of light mayo, onion powder and pepper, slice of cheese, lettuce and tomatoes Dinner: Fish with brown rice and vegetables Dessert: Any piece of fruit Snacks (if needed and carefully portion controlled): fruit, yogurt, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, cucumbers, peanuts, almonds After working so hard it won't be hard to keep this up. In fact, most of this now comes naturally. Of course I have had my slip ups and will probably continue to have them every now and then. The key is to keep it at an every now and then level though! Have you guys joined the Just 10 Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment