Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How to Prep For a WEEK of Healthy Eating...

We all like to have our indulgences on the weekend.  The key is to eat healthy through out the week.  With a little prep work it can be very easy to maintain healthy eating during the week!

Here are a few tips and tricks to help you keep a healthy lifestyle during the week:


  • Plan out your meals -  Sit down for about an hour and plan out what you will be having for breakfasts, lunches and dinners.  Write everything down.  I usually plan three different dinners for the week and keep the leftovers for lunch the next day.  I also buy a few things to have on hand for breakfast.  For example, I keep a box of oats at my desk to make oatmeal in the morning or if I want something different, I make it the night before and bring it with me in the morning.  For example, sometimes I make a big batch of my coconut flour pancakes and have it during the week.
  • Do your grocery shopping ahead of time - Once your meals are planned out, jot down all the ingredients you will need to make your meals.  Along with the ingredients for your meal, pick three different bunches of fruit to buy.  This will aide having a side for breakfasts and having snacks on hand.  Also, pick two snacks to have per day.  I like to pick non fat Greek yogurt, almonds or hard boiled eggs.  Also buy three different veggies to pair with your dinners for the week.  I usually buy one bag of lettuce, a bunch of asparagus and beans or brussels sprouts.
  • Prep your fruits and veggies - Once you get your fruits and veggies go home and start chopping/dicing/slicing.  Do what you need to do so you can grab and go if needed
  • Have snacks on hand - Again, buy things that you can grab and go.  If you buy almonds, portion them out and put them away.  Want hard boiled eggs? Boil a dozen up at once so you can grab and go.  A few other suggestions, string cheese and yogurt.
These are just a few tips that help me maintain a healthy lifestyle.  This may seem a lot at first but as soon as you get into the swing of things all of this can be done very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment