Friday, April 12, 2013

Coconut Flour Pancakes...

Happy Friday!!! Yay... We all made it!!

Lately, I've been experimenting with coconut flour. I like coconut flour because its packed with fiber and has a low glycemic index. I also love the sweet coconut flavor it adds to foods. Naturally, I started experimenting with a pancake recipe and I think I nailed it. I've made these pancakes a few times already and have not been disappointed.

Here are the deets:

Ingredients:
1/2c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4c coconut flour
2 egg whites
Splash of vanilla extract
1/2tsp baking powder

Preparation:
In a bowl, combine ingredients well. Place a pan on low heat and lightly oil. Once pan is hot place a big spoonful into pan. Spread out with the back of the spoon. Cook each side on low medium heat for 4 minutes or until pancake is browned.

Servings: 1

These pancakes are less than 200 calories. I love them with sliced banana and a dollop of almond butter.

I hope you guys enjoy these delicious pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment