Thursday, May 23, 2013

Recipe Alert: Avocado Ice Cream

The other day I was working on a healthy key like pie recipe. I tried this out yesterday and thought it tasted a lot like avocado ice cream! I'm still working on the key lime pie recipe and I think if I tweak it a bit more I will get it. In the mean time, I think this is a great recipe for avocado ice cream. This ice cream was so easy to make and is a great base, meaning, you can jazz it up with really anything... bananas, chocolate chips or berries. This ice cream alone is very delicious. 

Avocado ice cream may sound strange but I'm seeing it pop up more and more in local ice cream shops. I personally love avocado ice cream and I'm happy that I experimented and came up with this recipe. 

Here are the deets to this incredibly simple and delicious Avocado Ice Cream:

Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
2 TB lime juice
1/4 cup agave syrup
1TB coconut oil
Splash vanilla extract
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Water as needed to get things moving in blender

Preparation:
Blend away until smooth. Pour into a container or muffin tins and freeze. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. This allows the ice cream to soften a bit and easier to scoop out. 

Enjoy this healthy and delicious treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment