Monday, April 15, 2013

Viva Mexico

Happy Monday! Remember, the sooner we get this day started, the sooner it's over :-p Anywho, I thought I'd start this post off with a review from a Mexican restaurant I went to on Friday night.

Friday night was a fun filled night with friends in Jersey City. We decided to check out a new restaurant that opened in the Paulus Hook area of JC. The name of the restaurant is Viva Mexico.

Viva Mexico is a small restaurant with a lot of food options. The atmosphere was bustling with positive energy. A great vibe to start off your weekend. They had everything from salads to Mexican sandwiches. The service was also very friendly. While we waited for our main entrees we were served with endless amounts of fresh chips and salsa. We ordered drinks first which came out right away. I had the Horchata. Now, I'm no Horchata expert but I felt this was a bit too sweet. It was still delicious but the sweetness could have been toned down. For my main entree I ordered the steak enchiladas. I got a plate of three enchiladas wrapped in corn tortilla served with a green sauce and a side of rice and beans. My enchiladas were DELICIOUS!! First off, the portions are huge. I got through two enchiladas and some rice and beans. The green sauce on the side had a bit of a kick and paired perfectly with the steak. For dessert, we ordered a flan for the table. I have to say... I was disappointed with the flan. It tasted and looked like it was just defrosted from the freezer. Not a big fan of the flan. Other than the dessert, I felt like Viva Mexico is a great place to go to for dinner!

If you're in the JC area, go ahead and try it out!

Viva Mexico
133 Morris St.
Jersey City, NJ 07302





No comments:

Post a Comment