Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recipe Alert: Coconut Apple Cake

Hey hey Peeps!

The other day I wanted to have cake for breakfast. Of course if I'm going to have cake for breakfast, a few conditions have to be met. For example: high fiber, low glycemic, nutritious and low sugar. You may ask...." But Kanwal.. How are you going to find a cake like this"? Well, first of all, I may not be able to find this cake BUT I will be able to make this cake and it will be quick!

This is exactly what I did. I made a healthy, nutritious, low glycemic/sugar apple coconut cake and it was extremely easy. So easy, that I feel bad taking credit for it :-p

I had this whole cake for breakfast and it was delicious. It was also so easy to make. I think next time I'm just going to make a big batch of this and make muffins out of them. I seriously suggest you try this recipe out. There is no added sugar and it has 10 grams of fiber!

Here are the deets:

Coconut Apple Cake
Ingredients:
1/2c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 egg whites
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4c coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon
1 small apple, diced

Preparation
Combine all ingredients except for apple. Lightly grease a small round baking pan (I used my Pyrex dish). Pour batter into dish, add apples on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Serving: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment