Thursday, June 14, 2012

Last Night' Dinner

Dinner last night consisted of 1/3c of quinoa and mixed vegetables. This is the first time I made mixed vegetables without using oil. I took whatever veggies I had in the fridge (zucchini, bell pepper and kohlrabi), and diced them up. I took cumin seeds and toasted them along with coriander powder for a couple of minutes. Then I added a chopped tomato and turmeric powder. The juice from the tomato helped move things along. I added the diced veggies and let their natural water come out. Then I added some tamarind paste and lemon juice. I let this cook for another 15 minutes.

I have to say, the tamarind and lemon juice added a great tang to this dish. Toasting the spices added a nice smokiness also.

Dinner was filling and delicious and followed by a bowl of fresh mixed fruit mixed with mint for dessert!

Hope you all had a great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment