Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Breakfast of Champions...

Still thinking about last night's post, I decided to have a more nutrient dense breakfast as well. Lately, my breakfast has been 4WW points; that's 3 points for organic instant oatmeal and 1 point for a serving of oatbran mixed in. It's still a little chilly outside so I know I wanted something warm, but more earthy. So, I created my own version of a healthy oatmeal for only 4WW points! Not only is this filling but I am eating more nutritious, natural food :-)
My oatmeal:
1TB. of raisins
1TB. of chopped almonds
1 small banana, diced
1 serving of oatbran
1TB. of cinnamon
1/4.c of boiled water, more if you'd like your oatmeal thinner
1/2c. of vanilla soy milk
Mix all of these ingredients, except the soymilk in a bowl. Slowly stir in the soymilk.
Enjoy!
WW pts: 4
What am I getting from this meal: fiber from the oatbran, potassium from the banana, healthy fats from the chopped almonds, the cholesterol lowering powers of cinnamon and antioxidants from the raisins.
Yeah...seriously, you can't go wrong with this one :-)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment