Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Raw fooding it...Day 1

Yesterday I used up all my points in my raw food diet!! Seriously, the use of nuts and oils definitely takes a toll on your points. Atleast this is balanced out with eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I started my day off with breakfast, which consisted of raisins, groats, chopped almonds, flax seeds and almond mylk - all for 5.5 points. This actually held me over til lunch time, where I prepared a salad of chopped butternut squash, cranberries, onions, almonds and jalapeno pepper. I seasoned this with cumin seeds and coriander powder. All of this had a points value of 4, but seriously, I couldn't help but think how this would have been much better with some crumbled goat cheese! I got hungry about an hour later and had a snack of an apple and some almonds. This little snack was 4points!!! I do think I'm getting almonded out though. By the time I made it home for dinner, I was starving. Thanks to my quick, handy dandy vidalia chopper, I made myself a quick mexican mix which consisted of diced avocado, mushrooms, celery, onion and corn. I mixed all of this up with taco seasoning(I'm guessing this is raw?!?). Now this was delicious and filling and worth 7 points! Ill be honest, in between meals I was a bit hungry, but not starving. I was good enough to just make it to my next meal. All in all, I made it through my first day, and I'm now onto day 2! How did your day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment