Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 2...Whew Made It Through...

Hello Everyone! Yesterday was Day 2 of my raw food diet. Yes, only day 2 and I was thinking about quitting -but I didn't!! I started my day off with my usual raw food breakfast of raisins, groats, almonds, flax seeds and almond mylk. This was delicious. Although, I have to say, on such a cold morning, it would have been good to have a hot bowl of oatmeal. My co worker told me about a trick though -warm your bowl and then put your food in it. I'll have to try this next time. For lunch, I really did not want to have my butternut squash mix from the day before. Instead, I had 2TB of all natural peanut butter and an apple, a points total of 5. Later on during the day, I had a few almonds, points value of 2. My day was going fine, until the reality set in of having a huge snow storm the following day! I knew I had to do some grocery shopping and get dinner for the night. Luckily, there is a natural food's store a couple of blocks away from work. When I stepped inside, it was completely PACKED! I quickly went to the raw food section and bought a few items that I was running low on (raisins, pumpkin seeds, bananas, dried buckwheat groats). Then I went to the prepared raw meals section and eyed a Moc Tuna Sandwhich -completely raw. I decided to buy this and have this as my dinner. The only down fall, there were no nutritionals on this, but the ingredients for the whole sandwhich, including the bread were clearly written on the front. Lets discuss. The 'tuna' itself had the following ingredients: almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, lemon juice, celery, red onion, parsely, peppers, olives and capers. The 'bread': sunflower seeds, flax seeds, agave nectar, sea salt, tomato and alfalfa sprouts. Since I did not have the nutritionals for this sandwhich and noticed most of the sandwhich was made of nuts, I cut the sandwhich in half and only ate half, which was very filling! I only had 8 points left for the day and I really hope only half of that sandwhich was 8 points. OK-back to the sandwhich, the 'tuna' part of the sandwhich actually tasted like a real mayo-e tuna salad. It even looked like tuna salad. I need to find out how to make this and put this over a salad! The bread was just alright. A little hard, but that was fine, but it was a bit too sweet for me. I'm assuming this is due to the agave nectar. How did I feel? I have to say not too bad and not as hungry as my first day. I'm pretty sure this first week will be the hardest, but I'm sure I can get through 30 days of raw fooding it....only 28 more left :-p Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment