Wednesday, June 24, 2009

***Recipe Alert: Avocado Jam Sandwhich***

My pleasure of eating not so common food pairs continue. Oh yes, lately for breakfast I've been having an avocado and fresh berries or all natural jam, on toast. I do ask you, is this combination really weird? Think about it, most people do have toast with butter. I'm just replacing the butter with an even more heart healthy,buttery spread of avocado. I do find this sandwhich to be a great combination of sweet and savory! You may actually want to try this out! Here are the deets: 2 slices of whole wheat or whole grain toast. 1/8th of a ripe avocado 1 teaspoon of an all natural jam ( I like Polaners Orange Marmalade) 1. Spread the avocado evenly on one slice of toast. 2. Spread the jam on the other slice of toast 3. Cut in half and enjoy! Total WW pts.: 4 What are you guys having for breakfast? PS: Ill post a pic up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment