Monday, June 2, 2014

30 Days of Health & Happiness...


Hello Hello!

I know I know...long time no blog! Well, let's just say I'm back and will be here for a while. I have no excuse so we will get right into this post. 

The hubs and I just came back from a WONDERFUL cruise.  We took in the beaches of Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Grand Cayman. Pictures to come soon. 

Well, with this wonderful cruise came quite a bit of weight gain :-(. I know... cry me a river. Anywho, I've decided on a 30 day challenge of Health & Happiness! Yes, 30 days of eating healthy, wholesome foods and getting some form of exercise in and 30 days of happiness. The 30 days of happiness is about what makes me happy and to be grateful for all that I have. 

Let's begin, shall we? My day started off with a bowl of Puffins (one portion measured out), almonds and some almond milk. 

Simple and delicious. 

A few hours later I had a black bean bowl made of whole wheat cous cous, black beans, tomatoes, green peppers, onions and carrots. Here's a pic of the black beans being cooked:
A few hours after this I had a fruit smoothie made of mango, pineapple and coconut milk. This was incredibly delicious and I WILL replicate this at home :)

I also had a snack of pretzels and nuts:


Dinner time rolled around and I made home made falafel burgers. These falafels are not fried and are packed with flavor. I had one falafel burger on a whole wheat bun with a salad on the side:

That my friends, is my food for the day!  I also managed to go on a 4 mile walk as my exercise for the day.

Now, onto happiness. What makes me happy? Spending time with my husband, brother in law, sister, brother and my darling, darling, precious niece who is the light of my life! I love her so much!!! 

I'll just leave on that note. Good night, all!



No comments:

Post a Comment