Monday, March 4, 2013

The Easiest Paleo Bread Ever...

As you may have read in my previous post, I'm back on my Paleo kick! I feel what people miss the most while on the paleo diet is bread. Yes, they miss their sandwiches, pizzas, and bagels. After a few experiments I finally came up with an easy, quick recipe for paleo bread using almond flour. This recipe is so easy that it only requires FOUR ingredients. That's right, just four!

I love using almond flour to make paleo bread. I feel like its not a too strong in taste flour and it's loaded with monounsaturated fats and fiber.

Eggs are a great binding agent and loaded with protein!

Surprisingly, the key to this loaf is the diced veggies. The last loaf I made I used diced bell pepper. The veggies are important because they add nutritious volume to the loaf. Go ahead and mix it up an and try using chopped spinach, onions or zucchini.

I also like the use of lining the loaf pan with parchment paper. This prevents extra fat from being used to grease the loaf pan.

Well, now that we've gone through the ingredients, let's make some paleo bread, shall we? :-)

Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour
7 eggs
1.5 cups diced veggies
1TB. baking powder

Preparation:
Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients to form a smooth batter. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Place the batter in the lined loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until loaf feels firm. Once firm, take loaf out of pan and allow to cool before slicing up.

Makes 16 slices.
Servings: 8



PS: Click here to view my video on making Paleo Thins

No comments:

Post a Comment