Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recipe Alert: Coffee Oatmeal

Looking for a new way to get your caffeine fix? Instead of drinking your coffee, why not try eating it! This morning I brewed my french vanilla coffee and was delighted by the sweet smell. So I thought, why not add coffee to my oatmeal instead of water? I do add milk, so this could be quite tasty. I know this sounds a bit odd, but it's a totally different way to have your oatmeal and you just may like it! I LOVED it!! I know the picture does not look to appetizing, but trust me, this does taste good and you should try it.
The deets:
1/2 cup of dry oats
1 cup of brewed coffee of your choice (I used French Vanilla)
1/4cup of whole milk
Add the coffee to the oats and nuke for 30-45 seconds depending on your microwave. Once warm and bubbly, add the milk and stir. Nuke again for 10-15 seconds. Allow oatmeal to sit for a few minutes, so the oats absorb most of the liquid.
Enjoy!!
Calories: 170

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent! I have been doing this for awhile now. My colleagues think I am nuts. Thank you for proving that there are at least two of us that like this.
    Happy Holidays!
    -James

    ReplyDelete