Saturday, January 5, 2013

Recipe Alert: Breakfast Berry Pudding

Happy Saturday!

This morning I woke up thinking and feeling: I could really use a delicious breakfast filled with antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats. You know, something that's good for me and will keep me full for a few hours. This is how I came up with a Breakfast Berry Pudding. Originally I was thinking of making a smoothie. Then I thought, why not add chia seeds and make a spoon able breakfast :-). This is exactly what I did and I managed to make a DELICIOUS breakfast that filled all my criteria: delicious, with antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats!

Check out the deets below!

Recipe: Breakfast Berry Pudding

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen berries (I used Trader Joe's Very Cherry Berry Blend)
1/4 cup frozen spinach (You don't even taste this)
1/4 cup almond milk
Water, a needed to blend
2TB chia seeds
2TB sliced almonds

Preparation:
Blend first four ingredients together. Pot in a bowl. Stir in chia seeds. Top with sliced almonds. Allow to sit for at least two hours.

PS: This can also be made the night before. The longer you leave this the more moisture the chia seeds will absorb and the thicker the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment