Friday, January 11, 2013

Almond Meal Horchata

Happy Friday, All!

Alright, lets get right down to business. In case you haven't noticed, there's a flu epidemic going around. A few major cities have already declared a public health emergency.

A few days ago I woke up with a sore throat. Nothing else but a sore throat. Last night I had quite a few coughing fits which in turn gave me an even more sore throat this morning :-(. Of course I wanted nothing more than a steaming hot cup of something to soothe my throat. I started off with a hot cup of coffee which felt oh so good. Then I wanted more. I wanted a steaming hot cup of something. It was too early for soup and I did want something with substance that would hold me over. So, then I went thinking along the lines of a hot cup of horchata, which then got me thinking about making it healthier (duh), which then brought me to the recipe below :-)

Almond Meal Horchata

Ingredients:
2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup of almond meal
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Preparation:
Blend all ingredients. Transfer to a small pot and heat on stove until hot. Stir. Pour in a big mug. Enjoy :-)


PS: Be safe and try to stay clear of the flu. Take your vitamins and wash your hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment