Monday, May 16, 2011

Recipe Alert: Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Hey Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent the majority of my weekend eating and making recipes that involve bananas. Why bananas? I had about two ripe bunches that I did not want to go to waste! After freezing about 6 bananas for smoothies, I realized I needed to experiment and use the rest up in recipes. Now, if you know me, you'll realize one of my most favorite foods to pair up with bananas is PB. So, I went to work on creating some pretty good PB and banana recipes. Today, I will be giving you my incredibly easy Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins recipe. You will be blown away by this three ingredient recipe. Here are the deets:

Ingredients:

One cup of peanut butter (I used creamy, no sugar added)

4 very ripe bananas 1tsp of baking powder Optional: cinnamon to taste

Preparation: Blend the bananas in a blender until smooth. Pour this in a bowl. Add the peanut butter and baking powder. If using cinnamon, add now. Stir to combine. Spray a medium sized muffin tin with oil. Pour the batter evenly, in eight muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 25 degrees.

Servings: 8
I added no sugar in these muffins and did not feel the need to because the bananas were so sweet. These muffins make a healthy breakfast or snack. Each serving has 2TB of PB and half a banana. Not bad! If you do feel you need to add a little sweetness, I suggest 1/4c of agave or honey in the batter. I hope you all make this recipe. I'm going to have to post pics later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment