Thursday, January 7, 2016

***Recipe Alert*** Coconut Crusted Shrimp


Sometimes you need to eat something other than chicken!  This is the way I felt the other night. I took a look in the freezer and my eyes spied shrimp. Shrimp- high in protein, low in fat and can be flavored in many ways. Also, quick to defrost when thrown in a bowl with some water :-p. I knew right away how I was going to prepare this shrimp! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Coconut Crusted Shrimp

This recipe was quick, easy and flavorful. I hope you enjoy it. 

Ingredients:

2lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
1/2c coconut flour 
2 egg, lightly beaten in bowl
1/2 unsweetened, shredded coconut 
Salt/pepper 
Curry powder (I used Madras curry powder)
Cooking oil spray 

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375. 
Pat dry shrimp with a paper towel. Holding the shrimp by the tail, dunk in flour to coat. 
Next, dunk in egg to coat. 
Lastly, dunk in shredded coconut to coat. 
Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining shrimp. 

Spray cooking oil on shrimp. 
Sprinkle salt/pepper and curry powder on shrimp. 

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. 


Enjoy!
Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment