Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy Hump Day, Good Eats, Good TV

Good Morning!

I can't believe it's Wednesday! I'm so happy this week has been flying by. Yesterday was filled with a lot of good for you tasty treats as well as a couple of not so good for you treats.

To begin, I ALWAYS have to start my day with a cup of coffee. I mean, it's the first thing I have when I get out of bed. The night before I will set my coffee machine to start brewing at 6:45am. As soon as I'm done brushing my teeth I pour myself a mug of caffeine. Since coming back from Costa Rica, I've been a bit of a coffee snob. These days I'm drinking Trader Joes Winter blend. I just love the hint of spices in the coffee :-)

Morning Muffins
Over the weekend I made a batch of breakfast muffins made with pumpkin purée, almond flour and walnuts. I think these muffins are delicious BUT they do not contain a gram of sugar! I try to avoid sugar but can't let go of my carb loving ways. Replacing regular flour with almond flour still allows for a low glycemic treat with a carby feel. So, breakfast was good.

Then came lunch. I had a PB & J sandwich with a side of a few pretzels. Now, this really isn't the worst lunch out there but I was a bit worried the bread in my sandwich would give me stomach issues. Luckily it didn't. This lunch held me over until dinner time! Before dinner I was able to get a quick cardio session in. I did 30 minutes on the stair master. Not bad for a just cardio day.

I came home famished and devoured a Chipotle meatloaf (recipe coming next week) and side salad. Delicious.

After dinner the hubs and I watched The Mindy Project together. I love that show. I do have a few staple shows I watch. Here's my list:

Modern Family (gotta love Comedy)
The Mindy Project (see above)
The Office (love the humor)
Castle (nothing like a good detective show to keep you thinking)
Once Upon A Time (let your imagination go)
The Following (my new FAVORITE, totally suspenseful and thrilling!!)
The Simpsons (need I say more)

This is about it. I'm really not into reality TV. Occasionally I will watch The Biggest Loser. That's about as real as I get :-p

Do you guys have any staple TV shows you watch?


PS: Did you guys get to check out  my video on making Paleo Thins Paleo Thins .




No comments:

Post a Comment