Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Coffee

Anyone that knows me, knows my Fall obsession is pumpkin coffee. I just love the pumpkiny goodness in taste it has to offer. Of course a lot of this has to do with the spices mixed in with the pumpkin. Mmm.... the cloves, cinnamon, ginger... so warm and comforting on a crisp Fall morning.

I try to make my pumpkin coffee an indulgence and get it once a week. I know most coffee joints put in a sweetened pumpkin syrup and sometimes just one cup of black pumpkin coffee can rack up to 200 calories because of the syrup.

I decided to make a less expensive, non sweetened pumpkin coffee on my own. Boy, was this super easy and super pumpkiny spicey :-) I did good.. real good with this one! This was so super easy and not sugary! I can now make this a regular, all year round and not just have an indulgence!

Here are the deets:

Ingredients:
Ground coffee
Pumpkin Pie Spice

Preparation:
Prepare coffee as you normally would. Add pumpkin pie spice to your liking. The more you add the more pumpkiny it will taste. I added one tablespoon for 5 cups of coffee and had great flavor. Stir the coffee grinds and pumpkin pie spice to combine. Make coffee as you normally would. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment