Monday, February 27, 2012

A Very Healthy Oscars Night!

I went to an Oscars party at a friends house last night and was served an array of healthy foods!

The night started off with appetizers which consisted of a goat cheese log encrusted with wild blueberries and served with crackers! This was a hit and sadly I did not get a picture :-( a platter of vegetables with dip, made by yours truly was also served :-) I was psyched about my veggie platter, mainly because I made it and only spent $8, including the tray!!!

I bought veggies: cucumbers, red bell pepper, string beans and carrots. Sliced these all up (except for the carrots which I bought pre cut). I also bought two dips: hummus and yogurt. I also went to the dollar store and bought a large dividing tray for the veggies FOR A DOLLAR!! Yes, one dollar!!! I plated the veggies, added the dip and voila, a beautiful veggie platter :-)

Ok, enough about my veggie platter. Moving on, after appetizers' we were served deliciously fresh avocado wraps filled with avocado, tomatoes and red onion. Mmmm... So amazingly delicious! As if I wasn't already stuffed, the hostess with the mostest also made delicious goat cheese smeared sandwiches on multigrain bread with lettuce and tomatoes! Again, so, so delicious!

Dessert was served a little while after and we had some amazing brownies and a decadent low fat bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. I know, I suck, I was too busy stuffing my face to take a picture :-p

I must say... This was a very healthy Oscars night and I left pleasantly stuffed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment